Village of Bridgeview, IL
Robinson Engineering, Ltd. (REL), in conjunction with the Village of Bridgeview and the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA), was contracted to modernize Bridgeview’s only potable pump station. The pump station was built in the 1950’s and was due for an upgrade. Robinson Engineering proposed installing five (5) new 2,000 GPM pumps, variable speed drives, standby generator, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and chlorine room modifications.
The challenge Bridgeview faced was that it had only one pump station and it was necessary to keep it 100% operational during the modernization of the pump station.
Key Project Elements
- Installation of five 2,000 GPM pumps, which increased the firm capacity of the pump station to 11.52 MGD
- Pipe gallery was designed for future expansion
- Installation of a backup generator
- Installation of a new motor control system for the entire pump station
- Installation of a new Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system to monitor and operate the water system
- The roundabout was dedicated “Freedom Circle” on June 4, 2008 in honor of the public safety personnel, military veterans, and those who serve in the armed forces. Three flag poles with U.S., Illinois and village flags, are surrounded by extensive landscaping and streetprint to set this focal area apart.
- Expanded bicycle network connects residential area with schools, commercial and community fitness center.