Village of Bridgeview, IL
Robinson Engineering, Ltd. (REL) prepared Phase II Civil Contract Plans for the 71st Street grade separation, utility relocation and roadway reconstruction at the CSX and Indiana Harbor Belt Railroads for the Village of Bridgeview.
71st Street is a four-lane urban collector with an industrial park on the south, Toyota Park Stadium on the north, and residential areas to the southeast. This CREATE Project was selected for TIGER I federal funding.
Key Project Elements
- New grade separation pedestrian access and vehicular crossing at CSX and Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad. 4-track service provides 56 trains per day, with service to CSX Intermodal facility northeast of this location
- Phase II design of civil infrastructure, including pump station design relocation of Village utilities including 84” storm sewer and 16” and 8” water main crossings under the tracks
- Identify and coordinate utility relocations for Nicor gas mains, Commonwealth Edison, AT&T cable, Sprint and MCI fiber optic
- Coordinated planning and design elements with IDOT, Federal Highway Administration, Interstate Commerce Commission, Cook County Highway Department and Village of Tinley Park
- Design street lighting and underpass lighting for the grade separation
- Implemented planning and design elements with IDOT, Federal Highway
- Administration, CREATE, Railroads, Interstate Commerce Commission and
- Village of Bridgeview
- Evaluated right-of-way impacts on commercial and residential properties; prepared all required right-of-way, including plats and legals for 14 parcels
- Prepared railroad and IEPA permits for all work
- Provided Construction Engineering for all civil improvements